Microsoft is launching two new automated bid strategies to help “advertisers reach their target audience with minimal effort”:
- Maximize conversion: Advertisers can use this feature to maximize conversions as much as possible, given the budget.
- Target CPA: Advertisers can use this feature to maximize conversions as much as possible, given the CPA target and the budget.
The two new offerings are currently in pilot with general roll out planned for October 2023.
In addition, the tech giant has expanded into 58 new markets, meaning its ads are now served in 187 countries across the globe.
Why we care. Automated bidding can save advertisers time and effort, thanks to AI doing the heavy lifting. It takes care of improving your campaign’s performance without you needing to get hands-on. With these particular new bid strategies, you also maintain control as you still have the freedom to set your budget and choose how you want to measure success.
What are Audience Ads? Audience Ads are Microsoft’s native, display ads. These products enable you to target your ideal audience based on Microsoft’s understanding of people’s interests and consumer intent signals. The ads are then served in placements across the web like Microsoft’s MSN, Start, Outlook, and more.
What has Microsoft said? Microsoft Senior Product Marketing Manager Mallory Harwood told IXLCenter.io:
- “We are continuing to invest in more bid strategies for Microsoft Audience Ads to enable advertisers to meet their goals wherever they are across the globe.”
- “Market expansion has been a huge priority for us across our search and marketing offering. We recently expanded our Audience Ads to 58 new markets, which brings us to 187 countries as of mid August – which is huge and very exciting.”
- “A couple of years ago, we were only at seven markets – so as you can see, we have been doing a lot of investing very quickly!”
Deep dive. Read Microsoft’s Automated Bidding guidelines for more information.
Add IXLCenter.io to your Google News feed.
New on IXLCenter.io
About the author
Nicola Agius is Paid Media Editor of IXLCenter.io after joining in 2023. She covers paid search, paid social, retail media and more. Prior to this, she was SEO Director at Jungle Creations (2020-2023), overseeing the company’s editorial strategy for multiple websites. She has over 15 years of experience in journalism and has previously worked at OK! Magazine (2010-2014), Mail Online (2014-2015), Mirror (2015-2017), Digital Spy (2017-2018) and The Sun (2018-2020). She also previously teamed up with SEO agency Blue Array to co-author Amazon bestselling book ‘Mastering In-House SEO’.