Link building is essential. While Google has made numerous advancements in machine learning and content comprehension, links remain a critical element of how Google ranks websites.
We know that Google doesn’t want you to proactively build links. They want you to create high-quality content and hope for the best (i.e., build it and links will come).
Whether you’re a well-known brand or a local SMB, you need to be findable in the SERPs when people are searching for your product, service or expertise. Getting that initial push to get the front page creates a virtuous cycle where the better you rank, the more links you get because of how well you rank.
Enter: link-building services.
While link building is essential, it’s also tedious. It’s time-consuming. And, honestly, it can seem quite boring. (Though we’d politely disagree!)
Luckily, there are companies that can do this tedious and time-consuming work for you!
Link building, done right, can be a win-win – for your website and the site linking to you. The key is reaching out to your own personal network of publishers and bloggers within a niche to offer a piece of content that they can either write about themselves or link to when relevant.
If you haven’t built the types of relationships that can turn into links – this is where link-building services providers become incredibly valuable.
In this article, we will introduce to you to 10 popular options when considering link-building service providers. Choose wisely – there are always risks and rewards when choosing a link-building service to scale your SEO efforts.
We’ll start shamelessly with our own and if you understand the risks and rewards of proactive link building this way, try them.
Link-building services list
The following are in no particular order. We are not claiming anyone is better than any other. This is simply a list of link-building service providers you can choose from.
Here’s what makes us a bit different. We are a team with vast experience in the link-building space and have identified and tried to address the following pain points.
Transparency: Unlike most services, you can pick the right publishers upfront from our marketplace. Metrics like the primary niche they operate in, organic traffic, and DA (by Moz) are filters you can apply to find the right blogs, so there are no surprises after reviewing the report.
Pricing: Unlike most service providers, we will not charge you hefty fees based on the domain metrics. Instead, we take a fixed success fee and pass on the benefit of a low cost of link acquisition irrespective of how big or small that publisher is.
Flexibility: Even with the marketplace model, you are working with us to get the job done and not waiting for the publisher to react despite operating on a dynamic pricing model like other marketplaces that only serve as a platform provider. You also have managed posts and custom link-building campaigns and the option to upload your content, so the number of ways you can get this done is highly flexible.
Now let’s move on to some other notable link-building providers.
2. Page One Power
Page One Power focuses on giving you a personalized experience. They will sit down with you to discuss your individual needs, analyze your existing website and give you a customized link-building plan. They are willing to do the research and heavy lifting for you, giving you the extra breathing room to focus on other aspects of your business.
3. Fat Joe
To help you get started as quickly as possible, Fat Joe features an intuitive order intake form and a dashboard to monitor active orders and manage them. They seem to be the go-to service provider for agencies that need a lot of links for multiple clients with tight deadlines and provide content services that seem reasonably priced.
4. The Hoth
If you considered link-building services, there is a high probability you have come across The Hoth already. They are one of the oldest link-building service companies with diverse offerings across various off-page SEO services. Their dashboard is intuitive, and one can navigate through their diverse offerings quite easily; however, given their large-scale link-building services, you might have to be careful in picking the right product for you as some could do more harm than good if you do not understand the product and its risks, so talk to them about your goals before you go ahead.
5. No BS Marketplace
No BS could have kick-started the transparent approach to link building, where you get to pick publishers upfront that they would suggest based on your requirements. So if you appreciate transparency and would like tighter control on the links you want to acquire, they are another great alternative to look into.
If you’re looking for a tried and true SEO and link-building agency that works with high-profile industry names like Robinhood, Monday, Freshworks, Hotjar, and others, uSERP fits the bill. Working with small businesses and large enterprises alike, they craft and initiate content-based link-building campaigns.
7. Siege Media
Siege Media is another agency that offers content-driven link building, where they prospect and reach out to authority publishers in your industry with amazing content. Although the specific link-building services they provide won’t give you an exact number of links they can expect to build, they will provide you with a ballpark figure instead.
The folks at Posirank have been at it for a while as well. The team offers both custom campaigns and some large publishers’ lists from which they could secure a backlink for you. In addition, they have an easy dashboard where you can quickly sign up and start your first link acquisition campaign immediately.
9. The Upper Ranks
Beginning its operations in 2011, this link-building company is a trusted business partner of some of the largest brands, including established names from the Fortune 500 list. The philosophy of their approach is to build relevant backlinks that could stand the test of time.
10. Hire a Freelancer: For many, hiring an experienced blogger outreach and link-building expert from Upwork could work out best, especially if you want to control the process at every level and keep the costs in check at the same time. There seem to be plenty of skilled freelancers for hire with great feedback.
How to pick the right link-building service
Choosing a link-building service isn’t one-size-fits-all. It’s about finding a partner that suits your business goals, target audience, budget, and timelines. Here are a few key points to consider:
- Industry experience: Does the service provider have experience in your industry? Industry expertise can be beneficial for understanding niche-specific opportunities and challenges.
- Customizable packages: Every business is unique. Look for service providers who offer flexible and customizable packages that cater to your specific needs.
- Reporting and communication: How will the service provider report on their progress? Regular, transparent reporting should be non-negotiable.
- Client testimonials and case studies: These can provide an honest insight into the service quality and results that the agency provides.
- Service provider’s link philosophy: White hat practices are a must, but also understand their philosophy about link types, anchor text diversity, follow vs. no-follow and more.
Different types of link-building services
There’s a varied landscape of link-building services, each with merits.
- Guest posting services: These providers work with blog and website owners to place articles with embedded links back to your site. It’s content marketing and link building rolled into one.
- Niche edits: These services negotiate with site owners to insert your link into existing content, providing contextual relevance without needing new content.
- Local citations: Ideal for local businesses, these services ensure you’re listed in important directories and local resources to generate backlinks.
- High-authority links: Some services specialize in securing links from high-authority domains, which can significantly boost your site’s authority.
- Link removal services: If you’ve been hit with a penalty or are cleaning up a messy backlink profile, these services can help you disavow and remove damaging links.
Pros and cons of link-building services
Let’s be candid about it. There are both advantages and downsides to employing link-building services.
- Time-saving: Building high-quality backlinks is time-consuming. These services save you time, allowing you to focus on other aspects of your business.
- Expertise: Link building is a complex discipline. The right service provider brings expertise and strategic insights.
- Scalability: As your business grows, so does your need for more and higher quality links. A link-building service can scale with your needs.
- Quality concerns: Not all link-building services prioritize quality. Be wary of those offering high volumes of low-quality links.
- Black Hat techniques: Some providers might use shady tactics to build links, which could get your site penalized.
- Cost: Depending on your budget, the cost of these services may be prohibitive.
Google is no fan of “link building,” – but who can blame them? For years, links were a commodity that was abused by SEOs.
But proactive link building is incredibly hard. As it should be.
That’s why you should partner with an experienced agency with clear goals and quality control. For that, we highly suggest OutreachZ – but admittedly, we’re biased!